For one of our clients active in manufacturing we are looking for a Freelance Purchase Manager.
The Purchase Manager will supervise the procurement and purchasing activities with suppliers and subcontractors worldwide. The scope of the function includes international production in two European countries and one in the USA, besides Belgium. The procurement categories are made of mechanical components and raw materials
– Define a sourcing strategy and be the owner of the implementation process
– Assure the identification of primary and secondary sources of suppliers
– Drive a costs reduction strategy based on your procurement experience
– Lead negotiations on all material usage contracts for the company and maintain an excellent relationship with your suppliers
– Evaluate performance of different suppliers and guarantee optimal balance between quality and cost.
– Source and qualify new suppliers in order to optimize on cost/quality
– Develop strong relationships with other departments/brands to create maximum value for the business
– Work in close collaboration with engineering/operations management department to give them accurate data and market advice.
– Respect and applying all corporate and procurement policies, procedures and strategies
– Represent the company in a professional, legal and ethical manner and maintain the integrity of the brands
– Adhering and promoting compliance with company QHS&R policies, practices and procedures
– Relevant technical higher education or equivalent by experience
– Willingness to work internationally
– Between 5-10 years’ experience in a purchasing function
– Strong negotiation skills in NL/FR/ENG
– Entrepreneurial open mindset and used to operate independently
– Strong team player who can navigate smoothly at different hierarchical levels
– Willing to participate in the continuous improvement of projects with other departments
– Driven by challenges and can think out of the box