Qualifications & Experience
As a Global Sales Director, you are responsible for all the sales teams globally for our Manufacturing Business Unit. The following responsibilities are part of your role:
- You will define the global sales strategy. This means that you will identify and follow up on global and local trends, determine which regions need further development, determine the main customer profiles in your markets and identify key customers. You define which growth should be realized and how, and keep the pulse of the regional market DNA to determine how best to align with it. Based on your understanding of customer and market evolutions and the analysis of sales results, you develop and propose solutions and guide their implementation.
- You work with your team of local sales managers to set individual sales objectives and sales plans for their accounts and in line with the specific strengths of each. Indirectly, you are responsible for a team of account managers, sales and project engineers and customer support officers.
- You coach the members of your team in order to help them realize their objectives and guide them in their professional development. You will find numerous ways to influence, empower and motivate team members to bring out the best in them in a way that inspires everyone for getting better results.
- You define and negotiate deal structures and pricing in our strategic and complex partnerships, looking at the value drivers in the collaboration from various angles. You coach the account managers to achieve valuable partnership agreements.
- You maintain frequent contacts with strategically important customers and/or prospects to ensure that a long-term relationship can be built up and, thus, the set turnover can be realized.
- You oversee consistent pricing and the correctness of outgoing quotations and contracts to ensure that the customer is given an honest and correct proposal.
- You guide your team in sales projects and activate them to make proper use of the supporting systems and collaborate with other teams.
- You have revenue and margin responsibility for your global team.
- You are part of the Manufacturing Management Team. You assure the sales plan is in line with the overall business unit strategy and objectives and tailored to the market situation. You actively contribute to defining the Manufacturing strategy and provide relevant market information to the Management team and other relevant stakeholders in the organization. You deliver monthly forecast reports to the management team, so that adequate measures can be taken in the different departments.
- Master degree in business, engineering or other relevant studies.
- At least 10 years of experience in sales, business development or related functions.
- Experience in technical solution selling within a B2B market, ideally to manufacturing companies.
- Partnership mindset – trust builder.
- Proficient knowledge of English is essential, any other language is an asset.
- Good analytical skills, meticulous approach with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with people from different levels, both internally and externally, with excellent listening, coaching and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and define strategies and market approaches with customers.
- Knowledge of current production techniques is a plus.
- Good sales empathy skills – ability to identify with and understand the customer’s situation, feelings and motives.
- Willingness to exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Entrepreneurial and ability to work autonomously.
- Strong networking and negotiation skills.
- People management experience.